College Savings Made Easy
Great news! The Michigan Education Savings Program (MESP) is available as an employee benefit. You are probably familiar with 401k or 403b plans for retirement, an MESP account is similar, but it’s used to save for higher education. With low fees, and tax advantages for Michigan residents, MESP makes saving affordable. (*Limitations apply.) Because contributions can be made directly from payroll with direct deposit, it’s simple, too.
It only takes about 15 minutes to enroll. So let's get started!
For so many families, the Michigan Education Savings Program (MESP) is a smart choice. Here are just a few reasons why:
- State tax benefits
- 100% tax-free growth potential
- Financial aid friendly
- Use at eligible schools anywhere in the US and some abroad
Plus, we are here to help every step of the way.
REGISTER FOR A CONSULTATION OR WEBINAR
If you would like help or have additional questions, the Michigan Education Savings Program (MESP) offers free consultations with a college savings specialist. Schedule a phone consultation or attend a webinar.
Set up your Michigan Education Savings Program account
- Open a new account
- Add Direct Deposit to an existing MESP account
[ Skip to Step 2 ]
- Rollover an existing 529 account from elsewhere
DOWNLOAD ROLLOVER FORM
Tip: Be sure to select "Payroll Direct Deposit" as the method of funding your account in the "Initial Contribution" section of the New Account Application.
If you wish to fund your account by payroll direct deposit, you can do so by enrolling online.
- Download our Payroll Direct Deposit Guide for everything you need to know about establishing payroll direct deposit with simple directions and tips for enrolling online or by mail
- You may also set up recurring contributions from a bank account
Tip: The MESP Payroll Form must be processed by MESP before the first payroll contribution (may take up to 10 business days).
Need Employer Instructions? Other Questions?
Thank you. We'll be in touch soon.